Basic questions for Parents, Interested parties, prospective students, alumni and, supporters of Alabama State University
Application for Admission to Alabama State University
Undergraduate school (Click Here to Apply)
Graduate School (Click Here to Apply)
Financial Aid, Grants and, Scholarship Information
Federal Student Aid www.usa.gov/financial-aid
College Scholarship Grants www.collegescholarships.org/grants
United States Department of Education Grants www2.ed.gov/fund/grants-apply.html?src=pn
Alabama State University Department of Music Scholarship www.alasu.edu/cvpa/music/scholarships (Music Majors Only)
101 College Grants you never heard of www.collegescholarships.org/grants/101-grants.htm
Student Resource Guide 2019-2020 Courtesy of US Rep. Lucile Robyal Allard (D – CA40) www.roybal-allard.house.gov/uploadedfiles/student_resource_guide_2019-2020.pdf
Detroit Alumni Chapter Scholarships
Detroit Chapter Incentive Award
Four year award of $1,000.00 per year ($500 each semester).
Scholastic achievement, character, participation in extracurricular activities, community involvement, and satisfactory personal interview.
Who May Apply
A student member of the Detroit Alumni Chapter, graduating from high school in May/June of the current year and, been accepted by or currently attending Alabama State University. Applications are due by April 30th of the calendar year.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or more
- Have been active in extra-curricular and community activities
- Have three (3) letters of recommendation, one of which must be from his/her high school counselor. Said letter should contain recommendations and other pertinent information about the student.
How To Apply: Send the following information:
- A completed application (Download Application)
- An official transcript of high school credits, including 11th and 12th grades
- The three (3) aforementioned letters
- A one-page essay (500 or more words, typewritten) describing your career goals and reasons why you should receive the Chapter’s Incentive Award.
All sections of the application must be completed and all enclosures included in order to be considered. Award check will be sent to the University upon receipt of official notice of enrollment. Applicant must maintain a 2.5 grade point average each semester in order to qualify for annual renewal of the award. A copy of your transcript must be sent to the scholarship chairperson at the end of each semester.
DISCLAIMER: If for any reason, the GPA of 2.5 is not obtained for any given semester, the agreement is forfeited. The Detroit Alumni Chapter will no longer have an obligation to the student. Students must re-apply and give a commitment to the chapter to complete their education at Alabama State University.
List of Students Campus Organizations www.alasu.edu/student-life/activities/student-organizations
The Alabama State University Marching Hornets Band – The Alabama State University Marching Hornets – Dr James Oliver
Alabama State University is a NCAA Division I-A institution in the sports listed below
For more information, please contact the athletic department at www.bamastatesports.com
NCAA/ASU Athletic Department Compliance Guidelines for New and Current Student-Athletes can be viewed by clicking here
- MEN’S SPORTS
- Baseball Schedule Roster News
- Basketball Schedule Roster News
- Cross Country Schedule Roster News
- Football Schedule Roster News
- Golf Schedule Roster News
- Track & Field Schedule Roster News
- Tennis Schedule Roster News